Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Lead-In

Like all lessons (well, most of them) begin with a lead-in, I start my blog with a lead-in post.

Who am I? 24601. Well, nope. My name is Lina, I'm 25. I originally come from Russia, and I am an English Instructor at a university in Tokyo.
I have an MA in Scandinavian Studies (surprise surprise!) from the University of Edinburgh and two ELT certificates: TEFL and CELTA.

I've been thinking about starting a blog for quite a while but would always find an excuse not to do this, such as 'you're not experienced enough', 'oh come on, what do you have to say about ELT? you hardly read any monographs!', and 'do you really think anyone would read your dull entries?'. You see, I'm being like extremely extremely honest right now.

Anyway, the time has come, and I do have some things to say about teaching English (and about being a non-native teaching English as well).

What you will NOT find in this blog: Long academic entries filled with quotations and sophisticated arguments. I ain't good at academic writing, and I do not intend to make you doze off.

What you will DEFINITELY find in this blog: Short notes based on my own experience teaching English to Japanese students, practical tips and sample lesson plans.


! If you find a mistake, please let me know by leaving a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment